Collaboration between NISSHA and Kuraray for “Material Insert”
Premium CMF design combining insert molding technology and artificial leather “Clarino” from Kuraray
January 7, 2020
Nissha Co., Ltd.
Kuraray Co., Ltd.
NISSHA Corporation (Headquarters: Kyoto, hereafter referred to as NISSHA) and Kuraray Co., Ltd. (Headquarters: Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo; hereafter, Kuraray) jointly developed “Material Insert” using artificial leather “Clarino”. Both companies launched this product and started sales.
“Clarino” is Kuraray’s artificial leather that has a high-class feel and is excellent in functionality and durability. “Material Insert’” is a Nissha’s insert technology using authentic materials such as fabric, wood and leather, so that tactile and subtle texture of material can be applied on the parts’ surface.
By collaborating NISSHA’s advanced printing and molding technology and the material characteristics of “Clarino”, we offer premium molding parts that owns elegant texture, high reliability and beauty. The main target markets are automotive industry where seamless interiors and new UIs are demanded in the tide of CASE* trend, and consumer electronics and smart home industries where require finishes in harmony with user lifestyles.
* CASE acronym for Connected, Autonomous, Shared, and Electrification
Key features of “Material Insert“ by NISSHA
- “Material Insert” is an insert molding technology using authentic materials such as cloth, wood and leather so that the tactile and subtle feel of material can be applied on the parts surface.
- It is also possible to add functions such as dead front / light transmission and capacitive touch sensor.
Key features of “Clarino” by Kuraray
- “Clarino” is Kuraray’s artificial leather that reproduces the structure of natural leather with the chemical science. By impregnating the microfiber non-woven fabric layer with polyurethane resin, a flexible and high-quality texture is realized.
- Although it has a high-class feel, it also has excellent functionality and reliability, and is used in various products such as fashion, interior, and sports equipment.
Established in Kyoto in 1929 with a focus on fine art printing. We have constantly expanded our core technologies while integrating printing, lamination, coating, molding and other technological elements, and have expanded our business domains by diversifying our products and target markets, and entering global markets. Currently, we are developing four businesses: industrial materials, devices, medical technology, and information communication.
Established in 1926 in Kurashiki City, Okayama Japan, with the aim of commercializing rayon, which is said “an artificial silk thread”. In 1950, the world’s first synthetic fiber vinylon was successfully commercialized. In 1964, Kuraray developed artificial leather “Clarino” that reproduced the structure and performance of natural leather with the power of chemistry. After that, based on the proprietary technology of polymer chemistry and synthetic chemistry cultivated in fibers, the company expanded its business in the chemicals field, such as in the vinyl acetate-related business, which has competitiveness worldwide. Kuraray develop the world’s No.1 share products born from their original technology globally.